Friday 18 February 2011

All the dresses.

Song of the day - Turning Tables by Adele (one of many stunning songs on her new album 21)

STOP PRESS: for some reason, the theme has cut out the fourth image on the pictures. Just click on them and you can see the full picture. And Chrissie, we gotta sort that out! 

As you guys probably know, it's award season in the music, film and TV worlds. Whether you were lucky enough to snatch up a ticket, or you just watched the events from the comfort of your own home, you have to admit that the fashion this year was fierce, and there were a lot of lovely ladies in gorgeous gowns. And a lot of gorgeous guys too, but we'll get to that later ;D
Anyways, the Golden Globes are long gone, so let's skip straight on to the 53rd annual Grammy Awards - music's biggest night, so you would assume that the dresses would be mind-blowingly extravagant wouldn't you? Ah, I must say, I was a bit disappointed with this years fashion choice by some people. While there were some interesting fashion choices...(Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga I'm looking at you...) a lot of people thought inside the box and being honest their dresses weren't too stunning. In my opinion the Golden Globes were a lot more glamorous. However, some people did blow me away. I think Selena Gomez looked gorgeous in her J Mendel dress and Lorainne Schwartz jewellery, and Jennifer Hudson rightly working her new, beautiful body in a Versace dress, Neil Lane jewellery and always classic Louboutins. And did anyone hear her sing? It honestly brought tears to my eyes :') *flicks the tear*
And as for Jennifer Lopez...
Yeah, I love you and everything J-Lo, but erm... you're 41, not 14.
That Emolio Pucci dress just was not doing anything for you.
Love the Christian Louboutins though!
I did enjoy the Grammy's though, all in all - especially the performances, and especially Rihanna, Usher, Lady Gaga and Jayden Smith and Justin Bieber - but don't even get me started on how robbed Justin Bieber was of Best New Artist...
I'm sure Ella has a completely different opinion from me on all of this, but she can voice that later ;D






(Selena Gomez, Jennifer Hudson, Amber Perry, Rihanna, Sara Bareilles, Nicole Kidman, Natasha Bedingfield, Miranda Lambert, Keri Hilson, LeAnn Rimes, Kathy Griffin, Jenna Ushkowitz, Hayley Williams, Florence Welch, Esperanza Spalding, Ciara, Bar Rafaeli, Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Katy Perry, Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Hudson)

'I'm sure Ella has a completely different opinion from me on all of this, but she can voice that later ;D'
 
Indeed I do, and indeed I will. Well not completely different, although I really don't think Bieber was robbed. It would have been schweet if he'd have won something, but I just youtubed Esperanza Spalding, and let me just say, SHE ROCKS. Her voice is a teeny bit like Corinne Bailey Rae, although the music's kinda different. And her dress/hair was flyyyyyyy. Plus, is that not the coolest name ever?

I am really not down with this whole dress-split-up-the-thigh look - it is the least classy thing, ever.  Kim, Lea and Ciara, I'm looking at you guys; the dresses would all look so much better without that hideous rip! And I agree with Christine about Jenny from the block; I can practically see her ovaries! Although, if you got it, flaunt it ;D Not totes feeling Natasha Bedingfield's look either, I like the hair, and the dress is okay, but it's just not working for me! And there are no words for Hayley Williams' get-up. Someone please find something positive about it because I am really struggling.

J-Hud however looks fabuloso! She has lost a hell of a lot of weight though, and I did love her curves <3 But of course, she looks just as amazing now, in her beautiful dress. LOVE HER. Amber Perry also working it for the curvy girls, she looks gorgeous. How does Rihanna manage to have so much flesh on show and still look pretty damn classy? That is a serious skill! Selena Gomez looks pretty as always, and Florence Welch (sans Machine) looks lovely! Sara Bareilles and Miranda Lambert show that a simple, elegant dress can look just as good, and although I'm not a huge fan, Keri Hilson works the short dress best in my opinion. So. Now you know what I think!

You know you love us,
xoxo



WAIT.

Can we hear it for the fellas? Firstly Justin Bieber. Now me+Christine may be a little biased, due to our serious cases of Bieber Fever. But the boy worked a white tux like no-one I've ever seen!
 And secondly, Cee-Lo Green. I love this guy. Huge red, blue and yellow feathers. Oversized sunglasses. Jewelled headcap thing. And a metal sixteen-pack! I'm telling you, every guy should dress like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment