Tuesday 22 February 2011

So many boys keep on begging for my time...

Song of the day: Latika's Theme by A.R . Rahman (from the soundtrack for Slumdog Millionaire)
Song that will never ever be song of the day: All These Boys by Jasmine Villegas. I am loath to call it music.

So, y'all recently saw Christine's list of the fifteen best looking celebritaaaays. IN HER OPINION. Now, I know appearance isn't everything... but all these men are talented too! I mean, it just so happens that a lot of singers/actors seem to be extraordinarily handsome.
Me and Christine were originally going to write this list together. But it turns out, she has some crazy crush on Chris Brown. For starters, I think his voice is the most annoying thing ever, always have. And I don't think he is at all attractive! So yeah, that was a major obstacle. But also, and I know everyone says that we should put this incident behind us blahblahblah, I just cannot take him seriously as an artist after the whole Rihanna debacle. Tbh, it amazes me that other people can! And what amazes me more, is that being a nice person gets you nowhere. For example, look at Leona Lewis. Perfectly lovely and an amazing singer, but regarded as dull, and thus less successful than perhaps she should be. (I confess, her music is pretty much all the same, but whatevs.) Whereas Chris Brown has bounced back from a serious assualt conviction, and had a Top 10 single. I just don't get it. So yeah, that ended the notion of a joint list. No offence Christine, I don't mean to insult your taste in boys ;)
(Eva Wiseman sort of sums up what I think in a less embittered and enraged way: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/feb/20/chris-brown-rihanna-violence-volatile)

ANYWAY. This was supposed to be a light-hearted list of hot fellas. I will oblige. Interestingly, me and Christine have exactly the same top five, but in a different order. 
Without further ado, I present 'My List Of Fifteen Men Who I Think Are Really Damn Good Looking':
  1. Zayn Malik (he is Number One because he is a little more in my age range, which makes him instantly so much more attractive)
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal (who clearly likes younger women, so you know, I have a shot)
  3. Chace Crawford
  4. Joseph Gordon-Levitt
  5. Justin Bieber
  6. Nick Grimshaw (last minute replacement for Zac Efron after I realised I just don't think he's that amazing anymore)
  7. Matt Lanter
  8. Shia LaBoeuf
  9. James Franco
  10. Channing Tatum
  11. Luke Pasqualino
  12. Tinie Tempah (fyi, his real name is Patrick Chukwuemeka Okogwu, Jr - I see why he changed it, Tinie Tempah just rolls off the tongue a little better, you know?)
  13. Chad Michael Murray
  14. Enrique Iglesias
  15. Lucien Laviscount (Jonah off of Waterloo Road)
(After the top five, the notion of ranking them flew out the window. Regard them as pretty much equal.)

And my lifetime acheivement award goes to David Beckham! Keeping the name of hotties alive for 36 years.

And because I have too much time, feast your eyes on each and every one of them...















You know you love us,
xoxo

And because what we love is not ourselves, but a spot of healthy competition, tweet us/facebook us/leave a comment saying whose list you preferred? And if you say Christine's, I will hunt you down. Just so you know.  Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment